Ok so now that we have Visual Studio 2017 on the way, we all went in and downloaded the install.
The first problem I noticed is that I didn’t find any way to download the ISO or off-line installer.
There is however a way to make create a Off-Line installer folder.
To do so follow these steps:
- First download the web setup file. Don’t run it, just save it to your downloads folder
Create a folder somewhere on your drive. Example: c:\Software\VS2017 and also c:\Software\VS2017\Offline
- Copy the Web Installer EXE you downloaded and copy it to c:\software\VS2017
- Open an Command Prompt and change the current folder to the ne where you placed the EXE file n the previous step (i.e. c:\software\VS2017)
- Run on the command Line (replace NameOfExeFile.EXE with the name of the EXE file you download on first step):
NameOfExeFile.EXE --layout c:\software\vs2017\offline
- Be ready to wait for all files to download
Thats it. Hope this helps